How To: Madden Ultimate Team (Super Bowl Special) Pt. 3
The auction house can be a great way to get the players and positions you want, here are some tips to maximize it’s usage…
BEST HOURS TO USE THE AUCTION HOUSE
When you are looking to add an important piece through the auction house your best time to look is 5am to 8am Eastern. The second best time to look is 10am to 1pm Eastern. There will be less people to contend with when you bid on cards.
BE SMART WITH BUY IT NOW
If you have your card choice narrowed down to a specific player or position do a search for that alone and then see the buy it now price, if you keep checking periodically you will see one person has it up for cheap.
NEVER BUY A CARD RATED 81-84
In Madden Ultimate Team you are looking to get at least an 85 overall team so you can open up dual styles (and unlock even more challenges). Once you find yourself buying 80’s plan a big jump to 85 and above.
BUY THE PLAYER, NOT THE PACK
You want certain players and positions? Go get those players and positions. Packs are a gamble and lead to more disappointment than anything else.
NEVER QUICK SELL A CARD THAT CAN BE ADDED TO A SET
On the back of every card you will see that some can be added to sets. Remember the MVP and ELITE sets? There’s a multitude of sets to finish and people are always on the lookout for the cards they need. Make sure to sell them in the auction house.
ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH
When selling make sure you go in and see what that card is worth, in some cases it may be wise to hold onto it for a while to see if it’s market value will rise.
GOOD PLAYERS LOW PRICES
Lastly I will pick out some lower priced gems that will help you build a team without breaking the bank.
- Ryan Mallett (62) – Around 500 coins for the strong armed quarterback
- Montee Ball (74) – Around 600 coins, a solid halfback
- Andre Roberts (73) – Around 600 coins for a versatile wide receiver
- Dustin Keller (77) – Around 600 coins gets you pass catching and blocking the blitz
- Dee Milliner (74) – Around 1000 coins, a quality cornerback
- Chris Greenwood (65) – Around 500 coins, an athletic cornerback
- Eric Weems (67) – Around 800 coins, an excellent kick returner
- Quinton Coples (74) – Around 600 coins to solidify your linebacker set
- Rob Ninkovich (80) – Around 1000 coins, constant pressure on the quarterback
I end it with this, once you get some coins and want to upgrade your quarterback this is the biggest deal at the position.
George Blanda is a 96 overall kicker but when substituted as quarterback he is a 92 overall. Careful when looking for him because he also has cards labeling him as a quarterback, you want to look for his kicking card. He sells for between 15-20,000 coins.
That concludes our, How To: Madden Ultimate Team (Super Bowl Special)
Hope it jump started your Madden Ultimate Team career.