WHAT IS PANICGAMER.COM?
Panic Gamer is a site devoted to all facets of gaming and anxiety issues. Everyone at one point or time has suffered from a type of anxiety in their life, everything from the anxiety you get when you lose your keys to suffering from panic attacks or post traumatic stress disorder, everyone has experienced something in that spectrum. What our site offers are gaming reviews, news, opinions, and forums that are designed to to inform people about games and how they interact with whatever stresses they’re facing.
IS PANICGAMER.COM ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH ANXIETY?
No, while there’s helpful anxiety parts to the site it’s meant to be enjoyed by everyone.
WHO IS PANICGAMER.COM FOUNDED BY?
Panic Gamer was founded by Jason who’s dealt with panic disorder and agoraphobia for 19 years. During that time his panic disorder and agoraphobia severity has ranged from him being unable to make it down his street to being able to go across the country. He’s had friends and family members who have had to deal with their own anxiety disorders like post traumatic stress disorder and the anxieties that comes from being diagnosed with a terminal illness. Years of seeing how many people deal with various forms of anxiety lead to the creation of Panic Gamer and it’s services.
WHAT KIND OF CONTENT IS ON PANICGAMER.COM?
The content of PanicGamer.com is broken down this way
- XBOX 360: Reviews on retail, XBOX Live Arcade games, and XBOX Live Indie games
- PS3: Reviews on retail and PSN games
- Wii: Reviews on retail, WiiWare, and Virtual Console games
- PC: Reviews on retail and downloadable PC games
- DS/3DS: Reviews on retail and eShop games
- PSP/Vita: Reviews on retail and PSN games
- Mobile: Reviews on all mobile games
- Articles: Articles featuring The Truth, Lists, Found This and How To
- Quick Looks: Quick Look at games on all platforms
- News: Game news and latest releases
- Forum: A place to talk about games, anxiety, and music
- Music: Articles on game music and genre specific music
- Free Stuff: Free games and music that are available
WHO DOES THE WRITING FOR PANICGAMER.COM?
The list of contributors can be found HERE
HOW DO I WRITE FOR PANICGAMER.COM?
If you’re interested in writing for PanicGamer.com please send all submissions to email@example.com
HOW DOES YOUR RATING SYSTEM WORK?
Our ratings are broken down into seven categories that are then averaged into the final score*.
- Gameplay: How many types of gameplay there are and how well executed they are.
- Controls: How the controls respond and how they are mapped
- Story: How well the story is written and delivered
- Graphics: The visual design and how well the game runs
- Sound: Everything audible in the game
- Music: All the music in the game
- Quality vs Quantity: How much of the game has rewarding and enjoyable things to do and how much is filler.
*In the case of racing or puzzle games where there is no story or a game where there is no background music that category will be the average of the other scores so as to not damage the game’s score.
WHAT ABOUT THE ANXIETY PORTIONS BELOW THE REVIEW?
The portions under the review that are listed “HELPFUL/UNHELPFUL FOR ANXIETY” are to give the user who may suffer from anxiety advance notice on games that may or may not work well with their symptoms. These are not definitive recommendations but instead are recommendations from over 20 years of studying the types of games that people who have forms of anxiety interact well with and the types that people do not interact with.
Yes we do, it can be found HERE.